Bring it on 2009! This year (last year?) my friend Kelly challenged me (us) to tackle 6 races a year! I've always wanted to compete in big person races. In high school & middle school I ran track. It was a love/ hate relationship. I loved it for the energy and focus it gave me. But I hated getting in shape. Every Febuary would roll around and I would DREAD it. But by May I was so into the rhythem of running that I hated to see the season end.
Well somehow Kelly can read my mind, cause now we are back at it, TOGETHER. Our first "race" was the Hair of the Dog (Hound?) in Spartanburg. We did the 2 mile version in 33 minutes. Kelly and I agreed ahead of time that we would WALK it. We didn't want to kill ourselves. Well, as it turns out Kelly was much more of a running fanatic than I thought :)
After the race we went over to Andy's parents for a traditional New Year's Day lunch. MMMMMMMMmmm thank you Watsons!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
You, my dear, are a blogging machine!
BTW, when's the next race? :-)
Post a Comment